A lot has definitely been going on. Work has been INSANE. Personal life has been all about trying to recharge the batteries and feel guilty about what a hermit I’ve become. But I did manage to do a few things over the past couple of months:
1. The Boy and I bought a new mattress
2. I went to Monterey, CA & San Francisco (mostly business with a little bit of pleasure)
3. Got a new smart phone
4. Ran the Hot Chocolate 5K here in Chicago (boy, is THAT a story, and one that many other bloggers have been telling)
5. Signed up for my first trail race (5K)
7. I’ve been going CA-RAZY adding music to my new phone & updating my Super Activated Ass Busting Workout mix (i.e., the music I work out to)
Exercise has been sporadic at best. I’ve managed to run at least 3 times a week for the most part, but this last week, for example, has been a total bust. It seems to take me an inordinate amount of time to reclaim any sort of routine – exercise, diet, laundry – after being gone for a few days. Also, since I got back from Cali I have the weirdest pain in my right side. I thought it was muscular, but it hurts the same no matter how I move and it hasn’t changed in two weeks. I’m going to the doctor tomorrow. I freaking HATE going to the doctor.
In the meantime, The Boy and I are going to the Chicago Shakespeare Theater TONIGHT to see their last performance of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE!
Who doesn’t love a little Sondheim?
(seriously, I want to know)